"A Better Me"
Mind, Body, and Soul
Book Club List
"Healed Without Scars"
By: David Evans
Have you been hurt by past disappointments, fear, rejection, abandonment, or failure? When pain from the past lingers in your life and causes emotional scars, you need to understand that God wants you to be fully healed.
Taking 10 uninterrupted minutes a day to reflect on positive thoughts and/or prayers can help renew your mind.
Exercise routine # 1: Use your desk to shape your arms with a challenging variation of the standard push-up. With your desk up against a wall, place your hands on the edge a little wider than shoulder-width apart. Keep your feet on the ground, back flat and chest in line with the edge of the desk. Slowly lower your chest down, bending at the elbows until you're about 6 inches from the desk. Push your body back up to the starting position. Try to work your way up to 3 sets of 15.
Exercise routine # 2: Burn off that late-night snack. Need an energy boost? Instead of reaching for food, opt for a quick cardio blast by alternating 3 sets of 20 stadium runs and 20 jumping jacks. For stadium runs, start with hands on the floor and feet shoulder-width apart. Use a thrusting motion to bring your right knee into the chest. As the right foot goes back to starting position, raise your left knee. Be sure to have a slight bend in the elbow and keep your abs tight.(Shape.com)
- First boil apple juice with either a cinnamon stick or cinnamon.
- Then we sliced apples as thinly as possible. (crosswise so the core was in the center. No need to seed it, they just fall right out)
- Then we boiled the apples in the apple juice till they were somewhat transparent.
- Then we took the apple slices out of the boiling juice, and patted them dry.
- I laid them on a cookie rack (the kind you cool cookies on) and placed the entire rack in the oven at 250 degrees.
- We baked until they were dry and slightly browned.
- Final product: Delicious apple chips!! So much tastier than potato chips.(Superhealthykids.com)
Simplify My Life!
To continue nutritious meals for yourself and kids,
Try preparing larger meals at night which will last longer.Properly store it in the freezer or fridge.
It will save you money versus several trips for burgers and fries.
Make time to eat meals with your family you are shaping and molding their characteristics as adults.
Every Individual should have an organizer or calendar to stay focused and organized. Set designated days for certain tasks. For example, grocery shopping Wednesdays and laundry on Fridays.